From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Nevada Valencia County
Valencia and other counties in New Mexico Territory in 1852.
In theory the far southern tip of present-day Nevada
, that is the south part of Clark County
was part of Valencia County, New Mexico
from its creation in New Mexico
Territory in 1852 until about 1854 when the northwestern part of Valencia County was absorbed by Bernalillo County
There is little chance someone as far away as Nevada would take the trouble to go to New Mexico to conduct their county business. It is unlikely any records of people living in Nevada are actually found in Valencia County records.
See also Valencia County, Arizona.
- ↑ Compare 1852 and 1854 maps.
- ↑ John Koontz, Political History of Nevada, 5th ed. (Carson City, Nev.: SPO, 1965), 37-98. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 979.3 N2k
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Valencia County, New Mexico" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valencia_County,_New_Mexico (accessed 8 August 2011).
- ↑ Original Counties of New Mexico Territory (map) at http://www.nmgs.org/Graphics/nmcoun-orig.jpg (accessed 9 August 2011).
- ↑ J.H. Colton, "Territories of New Mexico and Utah" (map) (New York: Johnson and Browning, 1860?). Digitized at http://content.lib.utah.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/uw&CISOPTR=483&CISOBOX=1&REC=1 (accessed 9 August 2011).
- ↑ Marion Ellison, An inventory and index to the records of Carson County, Utah and Nevada Territories, 1855-1861 (Reno, Nevada: Grace Dangberg Foundation, 1984), iv. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 979.3 R2e.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Wikipedia contributors, "1st Arizona Territorial Legislature" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Arizona_Territorial_Legislature (accessed 8 August 2011).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Wikipedia contriutors, "Pah-Ute County, Arizona" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pah-Ute_County,_Arizona (accessed 8 August 2011).
This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 03:53.
This page has been accessed 869 times.