VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|News and Events|
|Genealogical Society of VT upcoming events|
| If you are interested in being the moderator for Vermont, Please contact the Support Team.
| Welcome to Vermont,|
Green Mountain State
Most unique genealogical features:
|How to Find Information about Vermont Ancestors|
Click on the map below to go to a county page. Hover over a county to see its name. To see a larger version of the map, click here.
Major RepositoriesVermont State Archives and Records Administration · Vermont Historical Society · New England Historic Genealogical Society · National Archives Northeast Region (Boston) · Allen County Public Library
- Join our group of Vermont researchers on Facebook & Skype
- Vermont Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- How to order Vermont Vital Records
- State of Vermont County & City Government Court links
- Rotating Formation Vermont County Boundary Maps and Atlases
- Probate Files, 1791-1919 were added to FamilySearch Record Search. More than 200,000 images are currently available. More information at Vermont Probate Files (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont Land Records, Early to 1900 images are available online at FamilySearch Record Search. More information at Vermont Land Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- List of Vermont Archives, Libraries, Publications, Historical & Genealogical Societies
- History & Facts of Vermont Counties
- VTGenWeb Project provides county information about formation date, parent county, county seat, bibliography, cemeteries, census, churches, towns, history, look ups, obituaries, queries, repositories, surname registry, and many Internet links.
- Vermont Trails to the Past is a small links-repository mostly to maps.
- Family Tree Encyclopedia - Terminology & Meanings of Genealogical Terms
- Printable Genealogy Forms used in Research
- County Creation Dates and Divisions showing dates they were created or renamed and counties created from older counties.
Did You Know?
- Before 1900 the largest religious groups in Vermont were the Baptist, Congregational, Episcopal, Methodist, and Roman Catholic churches. For a list of churches in Vermont, see John Gordon Melton’s National Directory of Churches, Synagogues and Other Houses of Worship in United States Church Records.
- State, county, and town histories often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
Wiki articles describing these collections are found at:
- Vermont, Bennington County, Manchester District Estate Files (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont Enrolled Militia Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont Land Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont Probate Files (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont Vital Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont, Washington County, Progbate Estate Files (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Vermont, Windham County, Westminister District, Probates (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Obtain additional help
- Call or chat with an experienced researcher
- Join a Facebook Group
- Consult a Professional Genealogist
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki click here:
- This page was last modified on 5 August 2014, at 04:13.
- This page has been accessed 17,293 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki