Vermont For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
For more detailed information about research and records in Vermont, see:
- Bartley, Scott A., and Alice Eichholz. “Vermont.” In Ancestry’s Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1992. Free online version; FHL 973 D27rb 1992. Ancestry is a trademark of Ancestry, Inc.) This source includes a brief introduction to sources and research strategies in Vermont and discusses vital, census, court, land, probate, and town records and where to find them.
- Crandall, Ralph J. Genealogical Research in New England. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1984. (FHL 974 D27gr.) This explains the origins of records of genealogical value in each of the New England states and discusses migration in Vermont.
- “Genealogical Research in Vermont” in Vermont Historical Society Available online (accessed 28 August 2010). This site includes addresses of libraries, archives, and societies; telephone numbers; Internet links; and collection descriptions.
- Lindberg, Marcia W. Genealogist’s Handbook for New England Research, 4th ed. Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1999. (FHL 974 D27g 1999; 1981 ed. FHL 6051401). This research guide contains a map of each state showing the counties and towns and the dates they were established. It also lists the names and addresses of repositories, courthouses, probate district offices, libraries, and historical or genealogical societies. It includes an index and bibliography. A newer edition is available.
- Sperry, Kip. New England Genealogical Research: A Guide to Sources. Bowie, Md.: Heritage Books, 1988. (FHL 974 D27s). This book indicates the records available for each state and contains extensive bibliographies of sources.
- This page was last modified on 10 July 2012, at 00:29.
- This page has been accessed 477 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More