Vernal Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We’re Here to Help. Experienced genealogists can help you with your research, and it’s available to you free of charge! Research consultants and volunteers can help you by suggesting sources for you to search, answering basic questions such as how to get started, where a town is located, and what records are available for a locality and how to use them.
Center Contacts and Hours
- Location on Map
- 480 West 500 North Vernal, Utah 84078 United States
FHC Director: Larry T. Wilcken - 435-789-3618 Assistant Directors: Lonnie B. Roper. Louis R. Tolbert, Dale Hatch
- Monday: 9 am. - 5 pm.
- Tuesday 9 am. - 8:30 pm.
- Wednesday 9 am - 8:30 pm
- Thursday 9am - 8:30 pm
- Saturday: 9 am. - 12 pm.
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness.
- Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Events
Please call and register for classes @ 435-789-3618
(We would like to know the number attending so handouts can be prepared)
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 23 October 2014, at 14:51.
- This page has been accessed 2,133 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More