VietnamEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Vietnam, officially the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, is the easternmost nation on the Indochina Peninsula. It is bordered by China to the north, Laos to the northwest, and Cambodia to the southwest. On the country's east coast lies the South China Sea. With a population of over 85 million, Vietnam is the 13th most populous country in the world. The country has the second fastest growth rate among countries in East Asia and the fastest in Southeast Asia.
Here is a link to the Vietnamese Government's website about Vietnam.
To get the website in Vietnamese, go to:
59 provinces (tinh, singular and plural) and 5 municipalities (thanh pho, singular and plural)
- Can Tho
- Da Nang
- Hai Phong
- Ha Noi
- Ho Chi Minh
Did you know?
There are some resources available through the Family History Library Catalog. Go here to check them out.
Genealogy Research Tools
- Vietnam GenWeb
- Cyndi's List (Asia and the Pacific), http://www.cyndislist.com/asia/
- Vietnamese Genealogy at Family Tree Search ($)
- Family Tree of Vietnmese Monarchs at Wikipedia
- Family Life in Vietnam article at this link.
- Family Tree Vietnamese Forum
- Ancestry Vietnam Message Boards
- Cousin Connect Vietnam Genealogy Queries
This is a link to find a country's embassy for Vietnam.
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
(Your text or images here, or use the table below:)
- This page was last modified on 10 October 2013, at 01:04.
- This page has been accessed 1,989 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More