Virgin IslandsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Virgin Islands may refer to an archipelago on the northeast corner of the Caribbean Sea between Puerto Rico about 60 miles (100 km) to the west, and Anguilla on the east. These islands are part of the much larger chain that helps separate the Caribbean Sea from the North Atlantic Ocean. The islands are divided into three main sections:
- British Virgin Islands including Tortola, Anegad, Jost Van Dyke, and Virgin Gorda
- Spanish Virgin Islands including Culebra, and Visques (part of Puerto Rico)
- U.S. Virgin Islands (formerly known as the Danish Virgin Islands) including St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas
|This disambiguation page lists articles about places with the same name.|
- This page was last modified on 12 August 2011, at 03:44.
- This page has been accessed 1,547 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More