Virginia's Powhatan Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in July 1861
- The unit served in the Army of Northern Virginia assigned to J. I Brown's and R. A. Hardaway's Battalion of Artillery.
- It was on duty in the Richmond area, then fought in various conflicts from the Maryland Campaign to Cold Harbor.
- Later it participated in the Petersburg siege south of the James River and the Appomattox Campaign.
- The battery lost twenty percent of the 78 engaged at Gettysburg and had many captured at Sayler's Creek on April 6, 1865.
- Only I man surrendered with the army.
- Captain Willis J. Dance was in command.
- AKA - Dance's Company, Virginia Artillery
men raised in Powhatan County
- This page was last modified on 3 January 2012, at 21:15.
- This page has been accessed 299 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More