Virginia's Staunton Hill Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Completed its organization at Richmond, Virginia, in September 1861.
- The unit was divided into three sections: two served in the Department of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida near Savannah and the third in the Department of North Carolina.
- In May 1862, they united in North Carolina and aided in the defense of Wilmington.
- One section was captured at Fort Anderson and the other two were assigned to B. C. Manly's Battalion in the Army of Tennessee.
- Only a few surrendered on April 26, 1865.
- Captains were Charles Bruce and Andrew B. Paris.
- AKA - Paris' Company, Virginia Artillery
- This page was last modified on 3 November 2010, at 16:04.
- This page has been accessed 393 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More