Virginia's Staunton Hill Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Completed its organization at Richmond, Virginia, in September 1861.
- The unit was divided into three sections: two served in the Department of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida near Savannah and the third in the Department of North Carolina.
- In May 1862, they united in North Carolina and aided in the defense of Wilmington.
- One section was captured at Fort Anderson and the other two were assigned to B. C. Manly's Battalion in the Army of Tennessee.
- Only a few surrendered on April 26, 1865.
- Captains were Charles Bruce and Andrew B. Paris.
- AKA - Paris' Company, Virginia Artillery
- This page was last modified on 3 November 2010, at 16:04.
- This page has been accessed 325 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page