Virginia Censuses Existing and LostEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Virginia: Existing and Lost Federal Census Schedules|
|Exact Date||Population Schedules||Veterans/ Pensioners||Slave Owners||Mortality||Agricultural||Industrial/ Manufact- urers||Defec- tive||Indian|
|1940 Apr 1||Public release in 2012||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1930 Apr 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1920 Jan 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1910 Apr 15||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1900 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1890 Jun 2||Lost||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1880 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||Exist||-|
|1870 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1860 Jun 1||Exist||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1850 Jun 1||Exist||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1840 Jun 1||Exist. Alexandria County enumerated as part of DC.||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1830 Jun 1||Exist. Alexandria County enumerated as part of DC.||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1820 Aug 7||Exist. (*)Alexandria County enumerated as part of DC.||-||-||-||-||Exist||-||-|
|1810 Aug 6||Exist, except 17 counties.||-||-||-||-||Lost||-||-|
|1800 Aug 4||Accomack and Louisa counties only.||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1790 Aug 2||Lost||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
(*) For a listing of names omitted from the microfilmed 1820 Federal Census of Virginia see:
- Gerald M. Petty, "Virginia 1820 Federal Census: Names Not on the Microfilm Copy," The Virginia Genealogist 18, no 2 (April-June 1974):136-139.
- When the 1820 Federal Census of Virginia was microfilmed nine pages were accidentally missed. The missing pages were from seven different counties (Accomac, Monongalia, Prince Edward, Pittsylvania, Randolph, Shenandoah, and Southampton), and reference over 175 individuals. Included in the article are the names, county, and page number references for those who were missed. The list can also be accessed online at the Shenandoah County GenWeb Project. See 1820 Census page 150, Shenandoah County, Virginia for digital copies of the missing Shenandoah County pages.
Sources and Notes
- ↑ Anne Bruner Eales, and Robert M Kvasnicka, ed., Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives of the United States, 3d ed. (Washington, D.C.: NARA, 2000), pages 40 and 47.
- ↑ William Thorndale, and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), pages 349-359.
- ↑ William Dollarhide, The Census Book: A Genealogists Guide to Federal Census Facts, Schedules and Indexes (Bountiful, Utah: Heritage Quest, 1999), page 120.
- ↑ Only for Indian schedules taken along with Federal population schedules.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 A separate microfilm for Northern District of Halifax County only also exists.
- ↑ 17 counties missing in 1810 Virginia census are: Grayson, Greenbrier, Halifax, Hardy, Henry, James City, King William, Lee, Louisa, Mecklenburg, Nansemond, Northampton, Orange, Patrick, Pittsylvania, Russell, and Tazewell.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2011, at 20:56.
- This page has been accessed 2,847 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki