Vista California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We serve the Family History needs of all who visit. The Center is served by North County Transit District bus route 318.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 1310 N Foothill Drive Vista, CA 920848-4048 United States
- The Center is accessed from the parking lot at the South-East corner.
- The parking lot entrance is off Oak St. across from the Foothill Oak Elementary School.
General Conference: Easter Weekend: Memorial Weekend: July 3rd 4th and 5th: July 29th reopen 12th August: Labor Day, 30th August reopen 2nd September: Relief Society Broadcast 27th September: Stake Day Saturday 15th November: Thanksgiving Week 22nd November reopen 2nd December: Christmas and New Year Tuesday 23rd December until Tuesday 6th 2015:
Calendar and Events
Please be aware all of our presentations are free of charge to participants
Advancing your research skills . . .
29 May from 7:00 to 8:30 P.M. Our topic: Workshop for "FamilyTree" accessing the information available and using the program to work with other family members on common lines.
Your greatest benefit will come from this class if you arrive already having an account to sign-on to FamilySearch.
26 June from 7:00 to 8:30 P.M. Our topic: FamilySearch Catalog and Books on-line - survey prior research as a guide
28 August from 7:00 to 8:30 P.M. Our topic: Gain information from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) - use Fold 3 and other options
25 September from 7:00 to 8:30 P.M. Our topic: Cenotaphs, Cemeteries, and Obituaries - find the date which goes after the dash
23 October from 7:00 to 8:30 P.M. Our topic: Search Engines - make them pull the freight
30 October from 7:00 to 8:30 P.M. Our topic: Planned family history . . . Use the Research Cycle - Organize and Control your family history information
Staff Training Meetings
First Monday of the month 9:00 am (exception made for Labor Day)
the following Thursday 7:00 pm with Lead Consultant focus
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Book Room: with a large selection of collected works and "how to" resources.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm and microfiche readers, Microfilm / microfiche printers, A number of internet linked computers, Flatbed scanner
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Carlsbad "Cole Library" with the North County Genealogical Society is another useful resource in this area.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:49.
- This page has been accessed 3,774 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki