Vista California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We serve the Family History needs of all who visit. The Center is served by North County Transit District bus route 318.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 1310 Foothill Drive Vista, CA 92084-4048 United States
- The Center is accessed from the parking lot at the South-East corner.
- The parking lot entrance is off Oak St. across from the Foothill Oak Elementary School.
- Friday:11:00am-2:00pm (21 Nov 2014 - building closed for carpet cleaning)
Holiday Schedule: Presidents Day Weekend: Close- Fri 13 Feb, - ReOpen - Tue 17
Escondido FamHist Faire: Close- Sat 07 Mar, - ReOpen - Tue 10
Easter / General Conference: Close- Sat 04 Apr, - ReOpen - Tue 07
Memorial Weekend: Close- Sat 23 May, - ReOpen - Tue 26
Independance Day: Close- Sat 04 Jul, - ReOpen - Tue 07
Summer Break: Close- Tue 28 Jul, - ReOpen - Tue 11 Aug
Labor Day: Close- Sat ?? ???, - ReOpen - Tue ?? ???
Relief Society Broadcast: Close- Sat 26 Sep, - ReOpen - Tue 29
General Conference: Close- Sat 03 Oct, - ReOpen - Tue 06
Stake Day: Close- Sat 14 Nov, - ReOpen - Tue 17
Thanksgiving Week: Close- Tue 24, - ReOpen - Tue 01 Dec
Christmas and New Year: Close- Tue 22 Dec ReOpen - Tue 05, Jan 2016
Calendar and Events
Please be aware all of our presentations are free of charge to participants
Advancing your research skills . . .
Classes are on the 4th Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
Feb 26 - "Family History Center Overview" Learn differences and applications of free Premium ($) Websites offered at the FHCtr and other resources that are available at this Cntr. ___ Instructor: Anne Renshaw
Mar 26 - "Get Organized / Not Frustrated" Learn use of Data Files as well as Hard Copy to maintain information in a safe place and in an easily retrievable format for your own use and preserving a pass it on system to future generations. ___ Instructor: David Paskett
Apr 23 - "Cultural & Ethenic Research" Overview for Latino, African/American and Euro/American research websites and resources. ___ Instructor: Curtis Kinghorn
May 28 - Family Search 101- the basics of using FamilySearch, including registering for an account; however, if possible, register prior to attending the class. This class will cover the Family Tree (a global pedigree chart) and Memories (photos, stories and documents). ___ Instructor: Anne Renshaw
June 25 - Family Search 102- A continuation of last month’s class but, you didn’t need to attend the previous class to come to this one. This class will teach you how to use FamilySearch.org for doing research and attaching the sources found to the Family Tree. ___ Instructor: Anne Renshaw
Staff Training Meetings
First Monday of the month 9:00 am (exception made for Labor Day)
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Book Room: with a large selection of collected works and "how to" resources.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm and microfiche readers, Microfilm / microfiche printers, A number of internet linked computers, Flatbed scanner for documents and photos
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Carlsbad "Cole Library" with the North County Genealogical Society is another useful resource in this area.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 14 May 2015, at 18:39.
- This page has been accessed 5,325 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More