Vista California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Sponsored by the Vista California Stake we serve the Family History needs of all who visit. The Center is served by North County Transit District bus route 318.
Adding details to a FHC page article.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 1310 Foothill Drive
- Vista, California
- The Center is accessed from the parking lot at the South-East corner. The parking lot enterance is off Oak St. across from the Foothill Oak Elementary School.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: 760 945-6053
Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00 A to 8:30 P
Thursday 9:00 A to 6:00 P
Friday and Saturday 9:00 A to 12:00 N
Thanksgiving: closed 26 November | open 03 December
Christmas: closed 21 December | open 08 January 2014
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events (classes)
(Please be aware all of our presentations are free of charge to participants)
Class Schedule | 2013 -- only one class left
How do I get started?
Next beginning class set will be in 2014
Advancing your research skills . . .
We're planning our 2014 - schedule: keep an eye out for our updates.
Thursday - Begin your family history with four forms | Four Forms will begin your family history research.
Thursday - Planned family history . . . Use the Research Cycle
Thursday - Organize and Control your family history information
Using "FamilyTree" an approach to organizing and recording your genealogy on-line. Our class will deal with accessing the information available and using the program to work with other family members to work on common lines.
Staff Training Meetings
Normally: First Monday of the month 9:00 A and the following Thursday 7:00 P
December 02 and 05
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Book Room: with a large selection of collected works and "how to" resources.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm and microfiche readers, Microfilm / microfiche printers, A number of internet linked computers, Flatbed scanner
Staff Research Specialties
Help with Black Hand German? On staff Thursday afternoon or set up an appointment.
Resources in the Local Area
The Carlsbad "Cole Library" with the North County Genealogical Society is another useful resource in this area.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 8 November 2013, at 07:58.
- This page has been accessed 1,868 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More