Wadworth, YorkshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Hundred||Strafforth and Tickhill|
|Poor Law Union||Doncaster PLU|
|Parish registers: 1574|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1603|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of Wadworth; Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of South Cave|
|Location of Archive|
|Yorkshire Record Office|
WADWORTH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Doncaster, S. division of the wapentake of Strafforth and Tickhill, W. riding of York, 4½ miles(S.) from Doncaster. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
To find neighboring Parishes go to: *England Jurisdictions 1851
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464283.
Primary registration of births, marriages and deaths took place at the Doncaster registration district has been included in the online index available at Yorkshire BMD for post 1837 events; view the coverage table to check progress on the availability of index search. Marriages include
- Church of England marriages.
- Civil Marriages at register offices, or non-conformist churches where a registrar was required to be present at the ceremony.
- Authorised Person marriages. These cover the non-conformist places of worship which applied to keep their own registers as a result of the Marriage Act, 1898 (bringing them into line with Jewish and Quaker marriages which had this status since 1837). In such cases an 'Authorised Person' (usually the minister or priest) recorded the ceremony instead of the registrar. Earlier weddings in these places would be included with civil marriage registers.
A secondary index of Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD however this secondary index may omit the event and may not contain the detail of the Yorkshire BMD index
Online data content from chapelry registers of Wadworth exists at some of the following websites and for the specified number of years:
|IARC = Internet Archive - free|
|FS = FamilySearch.org|
|AC = http://www.ancestry.com/ (£)|
|HATH = HathiTrust.org - free|
|JOIN = JoinerMarriageIndex.co.uk - (£)|
|WADWORTH PARISH (1574) Online Records|
For a full list of all those chapels surrounding **Chapelry** and comprising the whole ancient parish of Wadworth to which it was attached, be certain to see "Church Records" on the Wadworth page.
This ancient parish (AP) was created before 1813. Church of England records began in 1575.
Genealogy and History Websites
- This page was last modified on 20 October 2014, at 17:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,282 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki