Walbrook Ward, London, EnglandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The City of London was divided into sections known as wards. Each ward consisted of a group of parishes.
Many sources, such as tax and London Sessions records, group parishes into wards. Knowing this jurisdiction aids researchers in locating ancestors in these records.
- St John the Baptist upon Wallbrook
- St Mary Abchurch
- St Mary Bothaw
- St Mary Woolchurch Haw
- St Stephen Walbrook
- St Swithun London Stone
Census and Inhabitants Lists
- Walbrook Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/145/151); copy: FHL Film 2228700.
1693-1694 Four Shilling in the Pound Aid
White's 1904 history of Walbrook Ward has been digitized:
- White, J.G. History of the Ward of Walbrook in the City of London: Together with an Account of the Aldermen of the Ward and of the Two Remaining Churches, St. Stephen, Walbrook, & St. Swithin, London Stone, with Their Rectors. 1904. Digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:05.
- This page has been accessed 1,247 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page