Waldo County, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Waldo County Maine genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Waldo County, Maine|
Location in the state of Maine
|Founded||February 7, 1827|
|Address|| Waldo County Courthouse|
73 Church Street
Belfast, ME 04915-1705
Waldo County Website
County Clerk has marriage records 1828-1887, divorce and court records from 1828.
City or Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records.
Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
Places / Localities
Village • East Thorndike
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Waldo County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Waldo County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Waldo County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Waldo County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Waldo County, Maine page 305, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Before an extinct town was discontinued, it created official town records of interest to genealogists. For preservation these records were usually turned over to a nearby functioning town in the same county.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 117. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 11 June 2013, at 20:48.
- This page has been accessed 1,817 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More