Wardley, Rutland GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Wardley, Rutland ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Uppingham|
|Parish registers: 1574|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1701|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Rutland Record Office|
WARDLEY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Uppingham, soke of Oakham, county of Rutland, 4 miles (W. by N.) from Uppingham. 
The Victoria County History of Wardley (1935) is available. It includes a history of the manor, church, advowson, and charities.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Wardley, Rutland Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC BTs = Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms (Ancestry) - £|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|Wardley, Rutland Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Diocese of Peterborough: Wardley Bap 1574 - 1812, Marr 1574 - 1825, Bur 1574 - 1812
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474578.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Rutland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848. Adapted. Date accessed: 05 December 2013.
- ↑ A History of the County of Rutland, Volume 2 (1935). A History of the County of Rutland. Adapted. Date accessed: 05 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- ↑ 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Rutland, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 16 May 2015, at 04:48.
- This page has been accessed 1,355 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News