Ware Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ware Parish has served Gloucester County, Virginia.
- abt 1652
More than 600 graves at the parish cemetery are described at Find A Grave.
- Jones, Spotswood Hunnicutt. The World of Ware Parish in Gloucester County, Virginia. Richmond, Va.: The Dietz Press, 1991. ISBN 0-87517-063-3. Library of Congress Number: 91-91176
Abingdon and Ware Parish reports:
- Convention of 1827 (pp. 203-204)
- Convention of 1828 (p. 219)
- Convention of 1830 (p. 245)
- Convention of 1831 (p. 261)
- Convention of 1832 (p. 273)
- Convention of 1833 (p. 292)
- Convention of 1834 (p. 306)
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
- Ware Church, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Epitaphs of Gloucester and Mathews Counties in Tidewater Virginia through 1865 (Richmond, Va.: Virginia State Library, 1959).
- ↑ William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 216-229.
- ↑ Francis Lister Hawks, A Narrative of Events Connected with the Rise and Progress of the Protestant Episcopal Church in Virginia: To Which is Added an Appendix, Containing the Journals of the Conventions in Virginia from the Commencement to the Present Time (New York: Harper and Brothers, 1836). Digital version at Google Books.
- This page was last modified on 3 July 2013, at 02:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,922 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More