Warrenton Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Warrenton Family History Center serves Fauquier County, Virginia & surrounding counties. No microfilm/fiche access, please see Culpeper or Centreville FHC's for film/fiche.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 585 Fauquier Rd Warrenton VA 20187 United States
- Tuesday: 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Sundays: during Sunday School
- By appointment or at your home
Closed Thanksgiving: Christmas week: All Fauquier County School Holidays and Snow Days:
Calendar and Events
Fall Family Discovery Evenings! Welcoming families for Home Evening or Saturday discovery sessions. Bring your laptop or tablet and memory books or shoeboxes of mementos. Tell stories & find your family.
Beginning New Classes Weekly.
Sundays 10:10 am & 2:10 pm
Tues. & Wed. evenings.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
WFHC has 3 computers & table for laptops, tablets, or spreading out projects, documents and photos.
The printer is set up to scan directly into your Family Search Memories Photos & Documents account.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 28 October 2014, at 20:37.
- This page has been accessed 597 times.