Warrick County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Warrick County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Warrick County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 9, 1813|
|Address|| Warrick County Courthouse|
107 W Locust Street
Boonville, IN 47601
Warrick County, Indiana Resources
- Bates Hill Cemetery, Newburgh BillionGraves
- Massey Cemetery, Boonville BillionGraves
- Morrison Cemetery, Lynnville BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Warrick County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Warrick County (1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Selected Residents of Warrick County (1881) ($, Indiana Genalogical Society)
- History of Warrick, Spencer and Perry Counties, Indiana, from the earliest time to the present; together with interesting biographical sketches, reminiscences, notes, etc. (1973. Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic.) FHL US/CAN Film 934922 Item 4 FHL Collectionother librariesINTERNET ARCHIVE
Land and Property
- Family Maps of Warrick County, Indiana (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
War of 1812
- African American Veterans in Warrick County, Indiana (1890) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Civil War service men from Warrick County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Warrick County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company G
- 4th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company I
- 10th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies F, and M
- 25th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies H, and I
- 42nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 53rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 65th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies E, and H
- 91st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B and F
- 120th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies D, and E
- 136th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company F
- 143rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies D, and F
- 146th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
1890 Census Veterans Schedules
The 1890 Census Veterans Schedules for Warrick County are available on roll 118 of "Special Schedules of the Eleventh Census (1890) Enumerating Union Veterans and Widows of Union Veterans of the Civil War" (NARA M123). The schedules list veterans and their widows who served as Union soldiers in the Civil War. For more information on the 1890 Veterans Schedules see Union Census Records.
Civil War Books
- Haas, Garland A. 1997. To the mountain of fire and beyond: the Fifty-Third Indiana Regiment from Corinth to glory. (Carmel, Ind: Guild Press of Indiana.) 977.23 M2h FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collectionother libraries
- "Military History" Chapter 7 in History of Warrick, Spencer and Perry Counties, Indiana, from the earliest time to the present; together with interesting biographical sketches, reminiscences, notes, etc. (1973. Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic.), (page 92-112)FHL US/CAN Film 934922 Item 4 FHL Collection other librariesINTERNET ARCHIVE
Naturalization and Citizenship
Warrick County Courthouse
107 W Locust Street
Boonville, IN 47601
County Health Department has birth, death and burial records.
County Clerk has marriage records from 1819,
divorce, court and probate records from 1813.
County Records has land records. 
Family History Centers =
- Directory of Teachers for Warrick County (1936) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Indiana State Digital Archives for Death, E-Publication, Institution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
Warrick County, Indiana Web Sites
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Warrick County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Warrick County, Indiana 217 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 19 April 2013, at 22:59.
- This page has been accessed 2,222 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More