Washington County, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Washington County, Vermont ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Washington County, Vermont|
Location in the state of Vermont
|Founded||November 8, 1814|
|Address|| Washington County Courthouse|
65 State Street,
Montpelier, VT 05601-0426
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 426,
Montpelier, VT 05601-0426
Washington County Website
Secretary of State, Montpelier has birth, marriage and death records; County Clerk has divorce and court records; Probate Court has probate records; Town and City Clerks have land records
Towns Organized Before 1800:
- Renamed 8 November 1814 from Jefferson County, Vermont. 
For animated maps illustrating Vermont County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Vermont County Boundary Maps" (1764-1895) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
Places / Localities
Land and Property
Regiments and Companies:
- - 2nd Regiment, Vermont Infantry
- - 4th Regiment, Vermont Infantry, Companies G, H and K
- - 13th Regiment, Vermont Infantry
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
See also How to order Vermont Vital Records, order electronically online or download an application for Vermont <a title="Vermont Birth Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/birth_form.aspx" target="_blank">Birth Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Marriage Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/marriage_form.aspx" target="_blank">Marriage Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Divorce Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/divorce_form.aspx" target="_blank">Divorce Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Death Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/deathcert_form.aspx" target="_blank">Death Certificate</a> Applications to mail.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
|Centers provide: • Personal one-on-one assistance • Access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program • Free how-to classes (varies by location). See Family History Centers for more information.|
- Washington County, VT History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Vermont Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Vermont Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- FamilySearch.org FamilySearch Catalog for Washington County
- The Washington County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County
- Northeast KIngdom Genealogy for the counties of Caledonia, Essex, and Orleans. It also has some limited information for some surrounding areas.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 699 Washington County, Vermont. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- This page was last modified on 17 December 2014, at 18:00.
- This page has been accessed 6,382 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page