Washington County Divorce Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Washington, County Divorce Records, 1852-1950 .
This collection includes digital images of divorce records from the civil courts in the following counties:
- Grays Harbor
The records are arranged by year and then in boxed files, alphabetically by name.
For a list of records by localities and surname currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
- Names of interested parties
- Divorce date
- Name of court
- County of court
- Conditions of the divorce decree
In addition the records may also contain:
- Ages or calculated birth year of husband and wife
- Names of minor children
- Names of other relatives
- Court costs
How to Use the Record
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- Divorce date
- Divorce place
Search the Collection
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "County"
⇒Select the "Case File Number Range" which takes you to the images
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details such as age, or wife's maiden name. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors. For example:
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for nicknames and abbreviated names.
- Look for another index. There are often indexes at the beginning of each volume. Local genealogical and historical societies often have indexes to local records.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby localities.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Washington State, Divorce Records items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see the wiki article Washington Archives and Libraries. For additional information about this state see the wiki article Washington.|
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Washington, County Divorce Records, 1852-1950" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Washington State Regional Archives, SouthWest Region, Olympia, Washington.
- This page was last modified on 22 September 2014, at 20:22.
- This page has been accessed 2,701 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page