Washington District, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Not to be confused with Washington County northeast of Charleston from 1785 to 1791.
Two subordinate counties were included within the overarching Washington District:
For documents of people who lived in this area at this time, look for papers filed in Pickensville, the District and County Seat, or in the County Seat at Greenville.
"Rotating Formation South Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1682-1987) may be viewed for free at the My South Carolina Genealogy website. The maps rely on AniMap 3.0 software.
- South Carolina Archives Summary Guide: Washington District, available online, courtesy: South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- ↑ "The Counties from 1664 to Present - In Alphabetical Order" in South Carolina - The Counties at http://www.carolana.com/SC/Counties/sc_counties_alphabetical_order.html (accessed 7 May 2011).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "A History of Washington District" in Carolana at http://www.carolana.com/SC/Counties/Washington_district_sc.html (accessed 7 May 2011).
- This page was last modified on 10 May 2011, at 16:57.
- This page has been accessed 1,663 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki