Washington Land TipsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Value of Land Records
Land records, especially deeds:
- Provide clues that help you learn even more about them.
Helping you make the most of all these values is the purpose of this article.
Effective Census Tips
|Obtain every deed and land transaction for your ancestor.|
- Children may be named
- The other parties and witnesses may be relatives
- The first deed upon arrival may reveal his previous residence
- The last deed upon moving away may reveal his next residence
|Identify the purchase or other acquisition of each parcel of land.|
- It will identify when it was acquired and from whom.
- This could have been more than 20 years earlier.
- May have been purchased from or gifted by parents, in-laws, or other relatives.
- This page was last modified on 1 December 2013, at 18:39.
- This page has been accessed 401 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More