Washington Land TipsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Value of Land Records
Land records, especially deeds:
- Provide clues that help you learn even more about them.
Helping you make the most of all these values is the purpose of this article.
Effective Census Tips
|Obtain every deed and land transaction for your ancestor.|
- Children may be named
- The other parties and witnesses may be relatives
- The first deed upon arrival may reveal his previous residence
- The last deed upon moving away may reveal his next residence
|Identify the purchase or other acquisition of each parcel of land.|
- It will identify when it was acquired and from whom.
- This could have been more than 20 years earlier.
- May have been purchased from or gifted by parents, in-laws, or other relatives.
- This page was last modified on 1 December 2013, at 18:39.
- This page has been accessed 309 times.