Waterden, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Waterden St Mary, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Docking PLU|
|Parish registers: 1730|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1722|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
WATERDEN (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Docking, hundred of Brothercross, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (S. E.) from Burnham-Market. 
Waterden All Saints (including Egmere) is an Ancient Parish in the Burnham deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
This is a small hamlet church and includes other small hamlets like Egmere in the parish boundary.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Walsingham 1837-1938
- Fakenham 1939-1974
The Register Office, Fakenham Connect, Oak Street, Fakenham, NR21 9SR.
Tel: 01328 850111. E-mail: email@example.com
Waterden, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Waterden, Norfolk Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 593
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438849.
http://www.btinternet.com/~e.c.apling/1891Census/SouthCreake.htm includes Waterden and Egmere transcript of 1891 census
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Waterden on GenUKI
- Egmere on GenUKI
- Waterden All Saints Parish Info
- British History online
- Church Images
- Waterdan Church Images and Description Norfolk Churches website
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 484-486. Date accessed: 30 July 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 14 April 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:26.
- This page has been accessed 1,038 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page