Waupaca County, WisconsinEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Waupaca County Wisconsin ancestry, family history, and genealogy research page. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Waupaca County Courthouse
811 Hardin Street
Waupaca, WI 54981
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage, death and land records from 1852;
Clerk Circuit has divorce records form 1907 and court records from 1880;
Clerk Circuit Court has probate records from 1857 
For animated maps illustrating Wisconsin County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Wisconsin County Boundary Maps" (1790-1961) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
For a list of record loss in Wisconsin Counties see: Wisconsin Counties with Burned Courthouses
Places / Localities
Church History and Records
- Records of the American Lutheran Church, Iola, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
Trinity Lutheran Church, Dupont
- Records of Trinity Lutheran Church, Dupont, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
Crime and Criminals
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Civil War service men from Waupaca County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are many companies or regiments that were formed from men of Waupaca County.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Waupaca County, WI History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Wisconsin Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Wisconsin Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 760 Waupaca County, Wisconsin
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 10 November 2014, at 21:34.
- This page has been accessed 3,858 times.