Wayne County, IowaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Wayne County Iowa genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Wayne County, Iowa|
Location in the state of Iowa
Location of Iowa in the U.S.
|Founded||January 13, 1846|
1846--Wayne County was created 13 January 1846 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Davis County prior to organization 27 January 1851. County seat: Corydon 
See an interactive map of Iowa boundary changes.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Early migration routes to and from Wayne County, Iowa for European settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ "Anthony Wayne," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
|This Iowa-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 25 April 2013, at 00:42.
- This page has been accessed 1,245 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More