Weller County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Weller County, Kansas was established in March 23,1887, never organized and was defunct by March 18, 1893. Kansas Historical Society
Origin of Name
Weller County was named in honor of John B. Weller (1812-1875), who served as congressman from Ohio, senator from California, and U.S. minister to Mexico. Historical Society
Weller County name was changed to Osage 11 Feb 1859. More infomation can be gained at Kansas Historical Society
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. Kansas
- Family History Library Catalog
- / Osage County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2013, at 02:30.
- This page has been accessed 168 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More