Wells St ThomasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WELLS St Thomas was created a chapel of ease to the ancient parish (The Cathedral) of St Andrew the Apostle, in the city (registers begin in 1858).
The city by 1870 was not only comprised of the Cathedral St Andrew, but also the in-parish of St. Cuthbert (registers commence from 1609), which surrounds the cathedral precincts, St Thomas Chapel, created and built by 1858 and the three district chapelries of (East) Horrington (registers begin in 1845), Coxley (registers begin in 1845), and Easton (registers begin in 1848).
In the town are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, and Wesleyans.
Wells St Thomas parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|WELLS ST THOMAS PARISH Online Records|
Online Parish Clerks
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474605. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Unions
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 17 October 2013, at 18:10.
- This page has been accessed 151 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More