West Bromwich Christ Church, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to West Bromwich Christ Church, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|West Bromwich Christ Church, Staffordshire|
|Poor Law Union||West Bromwich PLU|
|Registration District||West Bromwich|
|Parish registers: 1829|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1829|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
West Bromwich Christ Church is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1837 from West Bromwich [All Saints] Ancient Parish. Countess of Huntingdon Methodist is a non-Church of England denomination located somewhere in West Bromwich, but the exact parish has not been identified.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
West Bromwich Christ Church was formed in 1837 from part of West Bromwich All Saints, Staffordshire EP
West Bromwich Christ Church parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|WEST BROMWICH CHRIST CHURCH PARISH (1634) Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474614.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ http://maps.familysearch.org/
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 21 August 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 August 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:49.
- This page has been accessed 2,652 times.