West Harling, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to West Harling, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|West Harling, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Guiltcross PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
HARLING, WEST (All Saints), a parish, in the union and hundred of Guilt-Cross, W. division of Norfolk, 2¼ miles (W. S. W.) from East Harling. 
West Harling All Saints is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Guiltcross 1837-1902
- Thetford 1902-1935
- Wayland 1935-1974
West Harling, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|West Harling, Norfolk Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1538-1904||Undefined||1538-1906||Undefined||1538-1787, 1791-1811, 1813-1906|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 27/ 1-7
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438861.
Poor Law Unions
later Thetford Poor Law Union
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: West Harling on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 409-413. Date accessed: 05 August 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 19 November 2014, at 17:36.
- This page has been accessed 985 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page