West Rudham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to West Rudham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|West Rudham, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Docking PLU|
|Parish registers: 1565|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
RUDHAM, WEST (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Docking, hundred of Gallow, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (N. N. W.) from Rougham. 
West Rudham St Peter is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
West Rudham is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. The village straddles the A148 King's Lynn to Cromer road. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
West Rudham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|West Rudham, Norfolk Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 414
Parish registers for West Rudham Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Item 1 Baptisms, marriages, burials 1565-1653 Item 2 Baptisms, marriages, burials 1654-1729 Item 3 Baptisms 1729-1786 Marriages 1730-1753 Burials 1729-1783 Item 4 Baptisms 1786-1812 Burials 1783-1812 Item 5 Baptisms 1813-1868 Item 6 Baptisms 1868-1901 Item 7 Marriages and banns 1756-1812 Item 8 Marriages 1813-1836 Item 9 Marriages 1837-1901 FHL BRITISH Film 1596654 Items 1-9
Item 10 Burials 1813-1904 Item 11 Banns 1824-1885 Item 12 Banns 1885-1902 FHL BRITISH Film 1596654 Items 10 - 12
Archdeacons transcripts, 1725-1811 Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Baptisms, burials and marriages 1725-1811 FHL BRITISH Film 1526790 Item 9
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438859.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: West Rudham on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 707-711. Date accessed: 05 August 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 14 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 19 November 2014, at 17:43.
- This page has been accessed 1,511 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More