Westchester Illinois Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our center is small, but growing. In addition to a few resources, we have one computer with the subscription websites and wi-fi for patrons who would like to bring a laptop and receive help. Please consider making an appointment to guarantee access to the main computer. We hope to get more computers if we can demonstrate a growing interest in this area!
Center Contacts and Hours
Location: 1550 Haase Ave, Westchester, IL 60154 United States
Walk-in Hours: W 6-8 pm
Appointments: Please call if you would like to set up a time outside regular hours. Please leave your name, phone number and a day and time that works for you.
Holiday Schedule: Closed the first weekend of April and October
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has 1 computer, 2 microfilm readers, a printer, and wifi connection
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the center director.
- This page was last modified on 15 October 2014, at 18:54.
- This page has been accessed 1,222 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page