Western Michigan ObituariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
An ongoing project of the Western Michigan Genealogical Society, the database of Western Michigan Obituaries includes more than obituaries. It also lists death notices and court cases pertaining to deaths in that part of Michigan. Engagements, weddings and anniversaries are currently being indexed.
- The Grand Rapids newspapers over the period 1920 to the present are being indexed.
- Death notices appear from the Rockford Register. The range is from 1871 to 1941 for the issues that are extant.
- Notices of engagements, weddings and anniversaries are indexed from 1992-31 Dec 1999.
This is a continuing project to index marriage items in earlier newspapers.
The index includes:
- First Name
- Published Date
Free index search; copies of documents require a fee.
- Be aware that news items other than obituaries are to be found within this index.
- If you want the full newspaper information, you may order online at a cost of $5 per item.
- If you live near Grand Rapids, you may make your own copies at the Grand Rapids Public Library.
Southwest Michigan Obituaries
Southwest Michigan Obituary Index by the Van Buren District library contains over 89,000 entires for the counties of Allegan, Berrien, Cass, Kalamazoo and Van Buren. Entries are taken from a variety of sources and will continually be added.
- This page was last modified on 22 March 2010, at 02:13.
- This page has been accessed 923 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki