Westmoreland County, ConnecticutEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Westmoreland County was established by the General Assembly in October 1776. Much conflict with Pennsylvania resulted over the land claimed by Connecticut as Westmoreland County. A court of arbitration appointed by the Continental Congress met at Trenton, New Jersey, and in December 1782, rendered a unanimous decision in favor of Pennsylvania. Cole Brook Historical Society State_of_Westmoreland
This disputed territory,Westmoreland County was renamed Luzerne County in 1786, More infomation can be gained at Cole Brook Historical Society
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. *Westmoreland_County,_Connecticut
- Family History Library Catalog
- County,/Luzerne County, Pennsylvania Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 21:43.
- This page has been accessed 452 times.