Westmorland GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to the Westmorland County page.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
Hodgson, Henry W. A Bibliography of the History and Topography of Cumberland & Westmorland. Carlisle, Cumberland: Joint Archives Committee for Cumberland and Westmorland. 1968. (301 pp.). Excellent. Headings for people and places.
Raymond, Stuart. Cumberland and Westmorland: A Genealogical Bibliography. Birmingham: Federation of Family History Societies. 1993. (67 pp). Includes 14 pages of references to 'family histories'.
[Kendal] Robinson, Judith M.S. (ed & publisher). A Year at Killington Hall. The 1876 Diary of Agnes Ann Kendal, life in Victorian England through the eyes of a farmer's daughter. Kendal, Cumbria: Judith M.S. Robinson. 2004. (111 pp). Diary but includes 4 generation drop line chart on family.For a full review of this book search on BIGWILL reviews.
[Ruskin] Dawson, John. John Ruskin in Coniston. Coniston, Cumbria: Ruskin Museum. 1988. (12 pp)
- This page was last modified on 2 June 2011, at 02:19.
- This page has been accessed 596 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki