What will I find in probate records?Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
You may find the following information in probate records:
- Person's exact death date
- Names of the family members
- Family relationships
- Names of spouses of children
- Adoption or guardianship of minor children or dependents
- Worth of the property and land holdings
- Evidence of occupation, religion, or military service
Szucs, Loretto Dennis and Sandra Hargreaves Luebking. The Source A Guidebook to American Genealogy. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2006. FHL Collection
- This page was last modified on 16 March 2011, at 17:49.
- This page has been accessed 864 times.