From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Maine Lincoln Whitefield
Whitefield was once part of the Second Kennebec Patent (also known as the Kennebec Purchase, or Plymouth Patent) of 1629 granted by the British Crown. Ballstown Plantation was incorporated as Whitefield in 1809; Hunt's Meadow was annexed sometime after 1800; Whitefield land was set off to Gerry (now Windsor) in 1821, but returned in 1907; and land was set off to Alna in 1824, but returned in 1907.
Libraries and Historical Societies
This page was last modified on 7 November 2013, at 23:00.
This page has been accessed 493 times.