Wigton, CumberlandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Wigton, Cumberland ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Wigton PLU|
|Parish registers: 1604|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1663|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Cumberland Record Office|
WIGTON, a township, in the parish of Harewood, Upper division of the wapentake of Skyrack, W. riding of York, 5½ miles (N. by E.) from Leeds. 
Parish registers for Wigton, 1604-1952
Bishop's transcripts Wigton, 1663-1879
- Independent/Congregational - Baptisms, 1823-1836 and burials, 1835-1836
- Primitive Methodist - Church records, 1868-1963
- Roman Catholic
- Society of Friends/Quaker
- United Presbyterian Church of Scotland - Church records for Carlisle United Presbytery, 1847-1876
- Wesleyan Methodist - Church records, 1838-1902
- Wesleyan - Births and baptisms, 1824-1837
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241280.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cumberland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Wigton on GENUKI
- This page was last modified on 12 December 2014, at 19:00.
- This page has been accessed 1,003 times.