Wiki tools for researchEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Notifications of Changes - Watching Pages
- For example, if you are researching in Albany, New York, "Watch" the following pages:
- Each time information is added to one of those pages, you will receive an e-mail.
- You must be signed into the Wiki for this feature to work.
- Main article: Help:Watchlist
- Wiki Categories or Topics allow you to view articles that are related. You can review a Category Page to see all wiki pages on a particular topic.
- See all categories here:
- Some particularly useful categories, with a lot of information, can be found listed in the following articles:
- Is information missing that would make an article more complete? Add a note to the Talk Page to ask a question or request Wiki Contributors to add information to that page. To add a note:
- Click on the Talk tab in the upper left to get to the Talk page.
- Click to Edit this Page (you must be signed in with a FamilySearch account).
- Note the 5 purple boxes on the right side of this page (Research Articles, Volunteer, Views, Toolbox, Personal tools). This is known as the "Navigation Bar" or "Nav Bar".
- Personal Tools gives you links for your User page, your Talk page, and your Watchlist.
- Volunteer includes articles to help you get started as a new contributor.
- Learn more about these menus and how to use them.
Learn more about using the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 14 August 2015, at 18:19.
- This page has been accessed 82,267 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News