Wiki tools for researchEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Notifications of Changes - Watching Pages
- For example, if you are researching in Albany, New York, "Watch" the following pages:
- Each time information is added to one of those pages, you will receive an e-mail.
- You must be signed into the Wiki for this feature to work.
- Main article: Help:Watchlist
- Wiki Categories or Topics allow you to view articles that are related. You can review a Category Page to see all wiki pages on a particular topic.
- See all categories here:
- Some particularly useful categories, with a lot of information, can be found listed in the following articles:
- Is information missing that would make an article more complete? Add a note to the Talk Page to ask a question or request Wiki Contributors to add information to that page. To add a note:
- Click on the Talk tab in the upper left to get to the Talk page.
- Click to Edit this Page (you must be signed in with a FamilySearch account).
- Note the 5 purple boxes on the right side of this page (Research Articles, Volunteer, Views, Toolbox, Personal tools). This is known as the "Navigation Bar" or "Nav Bar".
- Personal Tools gives you links for your User page, your Talk page, and your Watchlist.
- Volunteer includes articles to help you get started as a new contributor.
- Learn more about these menus and how to use them.
Learn more about using the Wiki
Basic Wiki Searches
About the Wiki
Keys to Success Using the Wiki
Ask a Question
- This page was last modified on 4 August 2014, at 00:57.
- This page has been accessed 46,220 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki