Winchester St Bartholomew Hyde, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Winchester St Bartholomew Hyde, Hampshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Winchester St Bartholomew Hyde, Hampshire|
|Poor Law Union||Winchester PLU|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1780|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
Parish HistoryWinchester St Bartholomew Hyde was created at least by the year 1563, when its church registers begin. It was was one of several ecclesiastical parishes or chapels within the boundary of the city and in the ancient parish of Winchester Holy Trinity, having separate jurisdiction, and the head of a union, locally in the hundred of Buddlesgate, Winchester and north divisions of the county of Hampshire, of which it is the capital, 63 miles (S. W. by W.) from London; containing with it, the Soke Liberty.
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|FS = FamilySearch.org|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|WINCHESTER ST BARTHOLOMEW PARISH (1563) Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288809.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 592-613. Adapted. Date accessed: 26 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 2 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:39.
- This page has been accessed 1,484 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More