Windham County, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a county in Vermont. For other uses, see Windham (disambiguation).
Guide to Windham County Vermont genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Windham County, Vermont|
Location in the state of Vermont
|Founded||February 22, 1781|
|Address|| Windham County Courthouse|
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 207, Newfane, VT 05345-0207
Windham County Website
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and land records; County Clerk has divorce and court records from 1825; Probate Judge has probate records.
Towns Organized Before 1800:
Places / Localities
Land and Property
Regiments and Companies:
- - 1st Regiment, Vermont Heavy Artillery, Companies A B C D E F G and H
- - 2nd Regiment, Vermont Infantry
- - 4th Regiment, Vermont Infantry, Companies D, F and I
- - 16th Regiment, Vermont Infantry, Companies B, D, F and I
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has North Adams, MA newspapers (1895-1977) covering local news that included Windham County residents.
There are two Windham County Probate Districts
- Marlboro District - Brattleboro, Dover, Dummerston, Guilford, Halifax, Marlboro, Newfane, Somerset, Stratton, Vernon, Wardsboro, Whitingham and Wilmington.
- Westminster District - Athens, Brookline, Grafton, Jamaica, Londonderry, Putney, Rockingham (including Bellows Falls), Townshend, Westminster and Windham.
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Historical Society of Windham County
Vermont Rte 30
P.O. Box 246
Newfane, VT 05345
Phone: (802) 365-4148
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Windham County
- The Windham County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Windham County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 699, Windham County, Vermont. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 394-95. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- This page was last modified on 8 December 2013, at 07:33.
- This page has been accessed 3,790 times.