Wisconsin, State Census, 1885 (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Note: A table of Wisconsin censuses with links to online repositories can be viewed at Wisconsin Census.
Question #1: My ancestor lived in Birnamwood Village, Shawano, Wisconsin but I cannot find him in the indexed records. Where can this missing record be found?
Answer #1: Birnamwood Village, Shawano, Wisconsin was erroneously indexed as Bonneval Village, Shawano, Wisconsin for 30 records. The original text’s handwriting is very hard to read.
Question #2: I am finding two records for my ancestor that are identical with the exception of differing town localities. Can you clarify this?
Answer #2: There is an instance in Washington > Washington County where there is an overlay over the page between two towns which covered the name of the next town. This caused the indexer to index the pages from the wrong locality. The following page had the overlay reversed, causing the same pages to be indexed again with the opposite page indexed from the wrong locality. The two localities involved were the towns of Polk and Kewaskum Center. If you have ancestors with duplicate records from these two towns you will need to look at the original image to determine the correct locality.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Wisconsin, State Census, 1885 > Shawano > Shawano county > Image 60 of 108.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Wisconsin, State Census, 1885 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Wisconsin, State Census, 1885 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 5 June 2014, at 18:31.
- This page has been accessed 697 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page