Wisconsin Historical SocietyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Search for pre-1907 Vital Records, including birth, death, and marriage records as well as for 150,000 Wisconsin Name Index records, including biographical sketches, obituaries, and newspaper articles published before 2000.
- Wisconsin Historical Collections 1,000 articles, memoirs, interviews, and essays on Wisconsin history and archaeology first published 1855-1915.
- Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865 The volumes reproduced here list all the soldiers known to have participated in Wisconsin's Civil War regiments. Known as the Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865 , these two volumes were compiled in 1886 from original archival records, and their alphabetical index was published in 1914.
- Names of ex-soldiers and sailors residing in Wisconsin, 1885In 1885, 1895, and 1905, Wisconsin's Secretary of State listed every Civil War veteran living in the state and published them as appendices to the state census. These three works together contain about 75,000 names on more than 1,000 pages, and often show information about a Civil War soldier that is not easily available anywhere else. Each volume includes soldiers who served in units from other states as well as Wisconsin, or who belonged to units in the U.S. Army, Navy, or Colored Troops.
- Wisconsin Local History & Biography Articles contain thousands of historical newspaper articles on Wisconsin people and communities.
Return to Norwegian American page
- This page was last modified on 21 August 2010, at 13:14.
- This page has been accessed 800 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More