Wise County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Wise County, Kansas was established in March 23,1887, never organized and was defunct by February 11, 1859 Kansas Historical Society
Origin of Name
Wise County was named in honor of Henry A. Wise (1806-1876), a proponent of slavery, congressman from Virginia from 1833 to 1844 and governor of Virginia from 1856 to 1860 Kansas Historical Society
Wise County was renamed Named for Henry A. Wise (1806-1876), an outspoken proponent of slavery, congressman from Virginia from 1833 to 1844 and governor of Virginia from 1856 to 1860 County in 1859. More infomation can be gained at Kansas Historical Society
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. Wise
- Family History Library Catalog
- Morris County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 14:41.
- This page has been accessed 431 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More