Woking St Peter, SurreyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Woking St Peter, Surrey|
|Poor Law Union||Guildford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1653|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1689|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey|
|Location of Archive|
|Surrey Record Office|
WOKING, or Wokeing (St. Peter), a parish, and formerly a market-town, in the union of Guildford, First division of the hundred of Woking, W. division of Surrey, 3 miles (W. by N.) from Ripley. Here are places of worship for Baptists and Independents, and a Roman Catholic chapel. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474666.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Surrey Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
- 1664 Hearth Tax at Hearth Tax Online - free.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 18 February 2014.
- ↑ Batch C055911, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- ↑ Batch M055911, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 11 April 2012.
- ↑ 'About Surrey and South London Will Abstracts 1470-1858,' Origins.net, accessed 27 June 2012.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:56.
- This page has been accessed 1,817 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page