Wolferton, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Wolferton, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Freebridge Lynn PLU|
|Registration District||Freebridge Lynn|
|Parish registers: 1653|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
WOLVERTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union and hundred of Freebridge-Lynn, W. division of Norfolk, 7 miles (N. N. E.) from Lynn. 
Wolferton St Peter is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
A carrstone 13th century church which lost its roof to a fire in the 15th century and was rebuilt. It was later renovateded by Arthur Blomfield and possibly financed by royalty as one of the nearby Sandringham Estate parish churches to benefit from the royal acquisition of the estate.
St Peter had substantial renovation in commone with other local parishes in the 1880's.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Wolferton, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Wolferton, Norfolk Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
| Baptisms and burials 1600-1608, 1623-1636, 1668-1812 Marriages 1600-1608, 1623-1636, 1668-1807
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526745 Item 9
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438857.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Wolferton on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 643-649. Date accessed: 12 August 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 19 November 2014, at 23:40.
- This page has been accessed 887 times.