Wolverhampton St Mark, Staffordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Wolverhampton St Mark, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Wolverhampton St Mark, Staffordshire|
|Hundred||East Cuttlestone; North Seisdon; South Offlow|
|Poor Law Union||Wolverhampton PLU|
|Registration District||Penkridge; Walsall; Wolverhampton|
|Parish registers: 1849|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Pre-1846 - Court of the Peculiar of Wolverhampton; Post-1845 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Wolverhampton St Mark is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1846 from Wolverhampton St Peter, Staffordshire Ancient Parish. Non-Church of England denominations identified in Wolverhampton St Mark include: Irvingite/Catholic Apostolic Church, Presbyterian Church in England, and Wesleyan Methodist. The following non-Church of England denominations were located somewhere in Wolverhampton, but the exact parish has not been identified: Baptist, Countess of Huntingdon Methodist, and Society of Friends/Quaker.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Wolverhampton St Mark parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|WOLV = Wolverhampton History - free|
|WOLVERHAMPTON ST MARK PARISH Online Records|
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Wolverhampton St Mark, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474627.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ http://maps.familysearch.org/
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 21 August 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 16 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Register Indexes', The History of Wolverhampton: The City and Its People, accessed 20 August 2014.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 29 April 2015, at 17:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,377 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News