Wood Dalling, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Wood Dalling, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Aylsham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1653|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
WOOD-DALLING (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (N. by W.) from Reepham. The Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists have each a place of worship. 
Wood Dalling St Andrew is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
In the Domesday Book Dallinga denotes a settlement lying in a dale or valley and to distinguish it from other dallings the word Wood was added.
The church is 14th century in the present building with the large tower added in the 15th century.
Wood Dalling is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is situated some 20 kilometres (12 mi) east of Fakenham, 20 km (12 mi) south-west of Cromer, and 30 km (19 mi) north-west of Norwich.
For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of Broadland.
Includes or also known as Tyby. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Aylsham 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Wood Dalling, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|WOOD DALLING PARISH Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office PD 367
Parish registers Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Item 1 Baptisms, marriages, burials 1653-1748 Item 2 Baptisms and burials 1749-1812 Marriages 1748-1753 Item 3 Baptisms 1813-1877 Item 4 Marriages and banns 1754-1811 Item 5 Marriages 1813-1836 Item 6 Marriages 1837-1901 Item 7 Burials 1813-1912 Item 8 Banns 1824-1879 Item 9 Banns 1879-1902 FHL BRITISH Film 1596458 Items 1-9
Archdeacons transcripts Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Baptisms and burials 1601-1608, 1623-1633, 1666-1812 Marriages 1601-1608, 1629-1633, 1666-1811 FHL BRITISH Film 1526783 Item 6
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438855.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Wood Dalling on GenUKI
- Wood Dalling St Andrew on A Church Near You
- Wood Dalling Church on Reepham benefice web site Includes a photo tour of the church and its history.
- British History online
- Wood Dalling on Norfolk Churches
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp.652-654. Date accessed: 12 August 2013.
- ↑ Pat Newby, "Norfolk: Towns and Parishes", GenUKI
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014. Described as 'South Wood St Edmund' also 'Wood Dalling St Andrew.' Are these two separate places?
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 7 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 April 2014, at 23:09.
- This page has been accessed 1,731 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki