Woodbridge Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 3000 Dale Boulevard, Dale City, Virginia 22193
- The entrance to the church parking lot is located on Ashdale Ave. The entrance to the Family History Center is along the long driveway leading to the parking lot. This door has an open/closed sign on it. When the center is open, ring the doorbell located in the upper right corner of the doorway. A staff member will come and let you into the building.
- Woodbridge FHClocation map
Phone: (703) 670-5977
- Tuesdays: 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM; 6:30 PM-8:30 PM
- Wednesdays: 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM; 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Third Sunday of each month: 7:00 PM-8:30 PM Se Habla Espanol
- Holiday Closings The week of Thanksgiving. The week of Christmas. The week of New Year's Day.
Whenever Prince William County Schools are closed for the entire day due to weather, the FHC will also be closed for the entire day.
Follow us on Facebookto receive notifications of classes and changes in hours.
Classes offered the Third Sunday of each month 6:00 PM-7:00PM
- May 18 - What's In a Name - Using Naming Patterns to Aid Research
- June 15 - British Research
- July 20 Common Genealogical Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to receive films and fiche ordered online through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Databases include Ancestry.com, Fold3.com, newspaperarchives.com, findmypast.com and others.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have six computers with internet access for patron use. In addition we have a microfilm/microfiche scanner that creates digital images that can then be printed or saved to a thumb drive or CD.
Our staff is ready and willing to provide personal one on one assistance to help you with your family research.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:59.
- This page has been accessed 2,083 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki