Yancey County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Yancey County North Carolina ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Yancey County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Yancey County Courthouse
Burnsville, NC 28714
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage and burial records
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records from 1875, pr, ct
land rec from 1870; Depart of Archive &
History in Raleigh, NC has older rec
For animated maps illustrating North Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation North Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1664-1965) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
Some early records are missing. For a list of record loss in North Carolina counties see: North Carolina Counties with Burned Courthouses
For tips on accessing Yancey County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- -6th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- - 16th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry, Company C
:- 5th Regiment, North Carolina Senior Reserves, Company G
:- 6th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry, Company E
- 1834-1935 - Will Books (1834-1935) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- 1850-1920 - Yancey County Marriage List for 1850-1920 at USGenWeb - free.
- 1851-1967 - Yancey County Marriage Index 1851-1967 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Yancey County, NC History, Records, Facts and Genealogy (Genealogy Inc)
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Yancey County, North Carolina. Page 514.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f5/Iginorthcarolinap.pdf.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 10 November 2014, at 20:24.
- This page has been accessed 6,999 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page