York Town, SurreyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|York Town, Surrey|
|Poor Law Union||Farnham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1851|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey|
|Location of Archive|
|Surrey Record Office|
ASH (St. Peter), a parish, under Gilbert's act, partly in the First division of the hundred of Godley, and partly in the First division of the hundred of Woking, W. division of Surrey, 4½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Farnham; containing, with Frimley chapelry and Normandy tything.
York-Town, a chapelry in Ash parish; near Tongham r. station, and near Aldershot.
York Town, Surrey family history and genealogy research page. Guide to parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474666.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Surrey Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Camberley St Michael (aka York Town) Churchyard database at Find A Grave. (85+ entries)
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 18 February 2014.
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72). Adapted. Date Accessed: 15 October 2013.
- ↑ Batch C132651, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- ↑ Batches C132651, M132651, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- ↑ 'About Surrey and South London Will Abstracts 1470-1858,' Origins.net, accessed 27 June 2012.
- This page was last modified on 8 August 2014, at 19:22.
- This page has been accessed 1,268 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki