Yorkshire Archives and LibrariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
University Library and Archives
University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK
- Records of the Archbishop, Archdeacons and Rural Deans of the Province of York
- Records of peculiar jurisdictions
- Bishopthorpe records—the residence of the archbishops of York since the 13th century
- Probate records
- Records of the Church commissioners
- Parish records
- Tithe awards and maps
- Probate and marriage bond indexes available online through the British Origins web site at http://www.origins.net/
- No searchable databases on the Institute website
- Research service for a fee
Yorkshire Archaelogical Society
23 Clarendon Road
Phone: 0113 245 7910
- Estate papers and family archives
- Freeman records
- Maps and plans
- Deeds and wills
- Manorial court rolls
- Transcript copies of PR's and MI's
- No online access or catalogue
- Online list of PR's and MI's in their collection
West Yorkshire Archive Service
There are five regional offices. For information, click on a link below to go to their websites.
West Yorkshire Libraries
There are five west Yorkshire libraries with large family history collections. Click on a link for more information.
The Treasure House
East Riding of Yorkshire
- Online catalogue
- Downloadable leaflets on several family history subjects
- Provides a search service for a fee
University of Hull
Phone: +44 (0)1482 465440
Fax: +44 (0)1482 466205
- Landed family and estate archives
- Trades union and labour archives
- Business records
- Religious archives
- Online catalogue
- Online virtual tour of the library
- Online request form
Hull HU2 8BG, UK Phone: +44 (0)1482 317500
Email: email@example.com (general enquires)
More copies than original records, including
- Civil birth, marriage and death indexes, beginning 1837
- Census returns
- Burial records
- Church records
- Street directories
- Burgess Rolls, Poll Books and Electoral Registers
- Online catalogues and source guides
- Enquiry service for a fee
Tel: 0845 8 72 73 74
As the primary archive for northern Yorkshire, it has a wide variety of records of genealogical value including various church records.
Their catalog is online through their website. Click on the name link above.
Teesside Archives is a joint service of the councils of Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland and Stockton- on -Tees.
Middlesbrough TS1 1DB
Tel: 01642 248321
- Council records
- Various church records
- Court records
Their catalog is online and can be accessed through their website. Click on the name link above.
See the South Yorkshire Family History Guide (PDF).
South Yorkshire Archive Service
There are four regional offices. They all have online catalogs. For more information, click on a link below to go to a website.
For a list of Yorkshire local study centres and libraries with family history collections, with links to websites, click on the name link above.
- This page was last modified on 13 August 2011, at 21:20.
- This page has been accessed 1,377 times.